Answered

Voice control does not recognise tracks or artists

• 16 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi All...hope there’s some help out there.

I have had Sonos Play, moved away for a while, but back now with Era100 and Deezer as my subscribed streaming service. I have Sonos voice control (SVC) activated. SVC recognises and plays, say, The Ink Spots but will not recognise and play Slim Whitman. This is one example, there are many - it will not find Shostakovich Romance The Gadfly or Opus 97a - none of these trigger a response through Deezer, even though I have manually found the music I wanted through these keywords in the app search, and played them. What gives with this? I have a perfectly well rounded English voice, with no regional accent and am speaking clearly and close enough. I can elicit a response for Goldfrapp, Orbital, The Ink Spots etc, but not, it seems, the more rarely requested? Any thoughts?

The American rejection voice is also becoming a little tedious I have to say, with today’s AI it would be nice to have a Kate Blanchett telling me to find what I want in the Sonos App! :-)

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 September 2023, 16:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you set Deezer as the default music service for SVC in your Sonos App? - see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-your-default-music-service-for-sonos-voice-control

Also see the SVC troubleshooting link here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-voice-control-requests-not-working

Hi Ken - thanks for time. Nothing I have done, including repoistioning the speaker away from the wall and putting cushins around it makes much difference. Clearly the whole thing is in its infancy and not very fancy with it. As an aside the system keeps losing contact with my android phone and BBC will still not appear on the app - have chanegd the setting in my online profile - why it defaults to us when my address is clearly postcoded to the UK baffles me! Don’ get me started on Santander and British Gas either! :-) .

Am beginning to regret my return to Sonos...so clonky and unreliable. sonos radio sucks to. It’s going I feel….wasted time and effort. And I am not a cranky person.

Cheers all…