Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to find Voice Control Option on Roam

• 17 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all
just purchased a new ROAM SL and Sonos Voice Control does not show up in settings.

I only see Alexa and Google Voice controls.

I notices some (very old) messages pointing to router/dns issues. I've

• rebboted router
  • changed two times DNS
  • rebooted networks options

but SVC stilll does not show up.

can you help ?

EDIT : SONOS SL does not have microphone...sorry i missed that

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Marvin_Bower, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Apologies for the delay in replying to your  thread. You’ve already figured out that the Sonos Roam SL doesn’t have a microphone before I got around to this post but, if you haven’t done so already, then you could return the Roam SL and go for the Roam 2 instead.

This would allow you to use Sonos Voice Control (SVC) as well as Amazon Alexa. If you purchased directly from us then I expect you’re still in the return period and our sales team can help you set up a return and a new order. If you’re purchased from a retailer, you’ll have to check with them what their return policy is, but I expect a return or exchange at this early stage shouldn’t be too hard if that’s the case.

You could always keep the Roam SL but if you wanted to use a voice assistant, then you’d need a third-party device like an Echo Dot to issue voice commands.

I hope this helps!

Jamie

I did replace the SL with the following model

Roam - hw version : 1.33.1.9-2.10

It does have a microphone and the Voice Control (both Alexa and Sonos VC the latter unfortunately isn’t in my language (ITA) )