Answered

Sonos Voice Control Won't Recognize Station KNX News 97.1

• 23 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I can't get SVC to recognize KNX News 97.1 from Audacy.com on my Sonos Move. I've added it to my Sonos Favorites, my stations list and added the URL with a unique name via Tunein in the Sonos App. I've also tried renaming it in the Sonos app and calling it by the unique name. I'm able to play it on my Sonos Move using the app, but want to play it via Voice Control. I've tried calling it by "97.1" and other variations of the station's call letters. I tried logging out of Sonos, re-adding voice control, re-adding Audacy under Service Accounts, re-adding the Sonos skill in the Alexa app (for my Sonos 5), resetting my router, updating Sonos and cycling power.

icon

Best answer by J-man 24 January 2024, 19:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

When did you add the station to ‘My Sonos’? I seem to think it can take 24-48 hours to register back to SVC, which likely runs a scan/index-update once a day (just a guess on my part). So if it’s just been added as a favourite station, then perhaps see what happens in a day, or two, and if it then starts to work with SVC.

That said, I’m not sure if the services mentioned in this link are the only ones that are supported…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/music-services-that-work-with-sonos-voice-control

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I added the station over two days ago to My Sonos. I thought that maybe it was an Audacy.com problem, but I am able to use SVC to bring up other Audacy stations.

I added the station over two days ago to My Sonos. I thought that maybe it was an Audacy.com problem, but I am able to use SVC to bring up other Audacy stations.

In that case it maybe best to reproduce the issue and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Phone support told me that Audacy is not supported on SVC. The station that I was able to call up must also be on Sonos Radio or other Sonos supported app.