Answered

Sonos Voice Control keeps asking that I reauthorize my Deezer account

• 20 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to set up Sonos Voice Control with Deezer, but I’m unable to.

Every time I try to search Deezer music via voice control, I get the error that I have to reauthorize my Deezer account in the Sonos app.

I have done that multiple times (successfully), but the error does not go away. I’m unable to search Deezer library via voice control.

I also tried to remove and add Deezer account altogether, but it didn’t help. I also tried to remove and add again Sonos Voice control.

However, when I play the Deezer music manually with the Sonos app, basic voice controls such as “next track” and similar work ok.

Thank for your help and I’ll be glad to provide any more info if necessary.

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 21 December 2022, 10:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Is Deezer set as the default music service under the Sonos Voice Control settings?

FYI… a Deezer Premium or Deezer Family plan is required to use Deezer with Sonos Voice Control.

Is Deezer set as the default music service under the Sonos Voice Control settings?

FYI… a Deezer Premium or Deezer Family plan is required to use Deezer with Sonos Voice Control.

Hi, thank you for reply.

Yes, Deezer is set as the default music service. I’m guessing that since the voice error (“Please reauthorize your Deezer account in the Sonos app”) refers explicitly to Deezer, that this part possibly works ok, that is, voice control actually tries to reach Deezer as the default service.

Also, I have a Deezer family plan.

Userlevel 7

I would try rebooting your Beam. Disconnect from power, wait 30secs, plug back in and try again.

I would try rebooting your Beam. Disconnect from power, wait 30secs, plug back in and try again.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rebooting did not work alone, but after I rebooted Beam and manually removed and added my Deezer account - voice control search started to work!

So I’m guessing that my recommendation for anyone searching this problem in the future would be rebooting + remove and add Deezer account manually (It wasn’t enough for me to just reauthorize).