Answered

sonos voice control: i can't locate that...

• 30 June 2023
  • 2 replies

All of a sudden, I'm having issues with one of our arcs. When trying to use sonos voice control for any command it will reply,  "I can't locate that. Please check your product name." I can say anything and that's the reply. Tried unplugging the power. Tried removing voice control and reinstalling. Tried unplugging, holding down Infiniti button to reset, reinstalling voice control... all fails with same message. 

The arc shows up in my controller and it works via my phone but the Sonos voice command simply stopped working when it had been working just fine for a year. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 30 June 2023, 16:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @DOrellana, welcome to the Sonos Community!

You’ve already performed all the steps I would recommend for Sonos Voice Control, so I would suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance. 

They can look into your system to see what causing the issue with Sonos Voice and will be able to help troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this information helps!

I’m experiencing the same issue with my Era 100 and could find out the issue to happen when the speaker was disconnected from power. It helps to remove Sonos Voice Control and add it again. To be honest, it is really annoying to do this again and again. I often turn off power when I’m absent for a day or two and don’t want the speaker or other devices to consume power during this time.