Sonos Voice control for Bass/ Treble/ & Sub Volume

• 15 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I would really love to see voice control for more settings like Bass/ Treble/ & Sub Volume. 

Example-

“Hey Sonos, set bass to -4”

”Hey Sonos, set sub volume to -2”

Also it would be cool if you had different options for the increments raising and lowering those settings. For example, instead of just Volume percentage, also add a 0 through 10 scale like the Alexa voice control has. Less spoken words equals easier voice control, e.g., Alexa, set volume to 5. 

Would anyone else love to see these features added?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @gsrbob,

I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Hi @gsrbob,

I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Thanx! I believe the Alexa voice control for volume is even shorter now that I think about it more. I usually say “Alexa, volume 5” 

This is what sets Sonos apart for everyone else! The constant pursuit of making everything user friendly and intuitive!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @gsrbob,

Would like to see voice commands for treble and bass as well. When you shift from playing a playlist or station with songs from the 70s and then shift to a playlist or station with current songs, the bass difference is extremely noticeable.

So if you reduce the bass, which is heavy on current songs, older songs from the 70s sound like they have no bass at all. And you bump up the bass on older 70s songs, the bass on current songs is like overkill.

In terms of volume controls though, please maintain volume percentages if you have add volume points similar to Alexa, since sometimes you need the fine tuning that percentages offer. Thanks. 

Hi @gsrbob,

In terms of volume controls though, please maintain volume percentages if you have add volume points similar to Alexa, since sometimes you need the fine tuning that percentages offer. Thanks. 

I agree with keeping the current volume control as well as adding the 0 - 10 👍🏼