Skip to main content

Sonos Voice Contol - Favorites

• 5 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello -

Is there a Sonos Voice Command I can use to play from my Favorites (My Sonos) as configured in the Sonos app? 

6 replies

I don’t see anything here

We absolutely need favorites control. Let’s call it “presets” or “channels”. 

“Hey Sonos, play channel 1” or “play preset 1” would play my 1st favorite. Easy peasy. With 50 stations having “smooth jazz” in their names, it’s difficult to nail the exact station name. And I’m not mentioning station names in foreign languages, which it’s impossible to pronounce so that Sonos would understand them.

Shouldn’t be difficult to implement and it would help tremendously.

Agree, this is a must feature and should be very easy to do. With Denon and Bose speakers you have the favorites buttons Wich is great for older people, but this would do the same

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi All,

This thread quickly turned into a feature request so I have tagged it as such and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Resurrecting this year-old thread. Could this please be implemented?

Problem: 

In Sonos Radio there are two live radio stations with the same name “Radio Helsinki”.

I want to play the “real” one that is the Radio Helsinki in Finland.

SVC always starts playing the “wrong” one which seems to be in Austria. 

I haven’t found any way I could start the one I want. I have stored it in Sonos Favorites (via TuneIn) and in Sonos Radio Favorites. I don’t see any SVC command I could have it start a Sonos Favorites or Sonos Radio Favorites entry. 

A voice command like

“Hey Sonos, play radio Helsinki from Sonos Favorites” or

“Hey Sonos, play radio Helsinki from Sonos Radio Favorites” would be very useful to have.

Thank you for the Sonos Voice Service. It’s been really great, that would make it even better. Could not imagine going back to a non-voice command system now. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Problem: 

In Sonos Radio there are two live radio stations with the same name “Radio Helsinki”.

I haven’t found any way I could start the one I want. I have stored it in Sonos Favorites (via TuneIn) and in Sonos Radio Favorites. I don’t see any SVC command I could have it start a Sonos Favorites or Sonos Radio Favorites entry. 

Update: 

I can get the wanted Radio Helsinki playing with Sonos by saying “Alexa, play Radio Helsinki”. 

Perhaps Amazon’s Alexa implementation (in Sonos) looks at user’s Sonos Favorites/Sonos Radio Favorites and that’s why it is picking the one I want.