Sonos Voice Assistant keeps "not understanding" when my wife is not talking to it.

• 15 July 2022
  • 1 reply

We have Sonos in most rooms in our home. I've turned on the voice assistant in most of those rooms. Unfortunately, it keeps chiming in on my wife's 'regular' conversations in the house. Not me, just her. Anytime she says a word that contains or starts with a hard 'S', it will respond with that it doesn't understand and to check with the Sonos app. Well, frankly, we didn't ask you, and it's getting creepy!

Since this is an edge device with no cloud component, how can we possibly troubleshoot this?

1 reply

The next time it happens, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. Although I’m not sure how much of the Voice capture data is in that file….

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Nice