Answered

Sonos Roam - Sonos Voice Assistant does not work whilst music is playing

• 17 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey Sonos used for work well on my Roam speaker, however over the last week or so - it fails to work if something is being played from the speaker. It’s almost as if the microphone is disabled once music plays automatically. 

The voice assistant works when nothing is playing - once playing it doesn’t pick up any voice commands (not matter how loud I shout!). If I manually pause, I sing the buttons at the top - it will then recognise my voice again. 

I am aware of the doable microphone button and this is not the issue. 

Can anyone help! It’s really annoying 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 July 2022, 02:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps try powering off/on the speaker with the rear power button 5+ sec press and also toggle the mic off/on too. If those things are unsuccessful then maybe try removing and reinstalling the voice assistant.  

Then, if the problem is still there, submit a Sonos diagnostic report and note its reference, perhaps also capture the issue in a mobile video recording and speak with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK

Thank you - I have tried all of that. Tried working through with support - they are unsure of why the issue exists