Sonos Controller App - Add Voice Control

• 30 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I use the Sonos Voice Control feature and really enjoy it.  I have a Move with a microphone, but my Roam and two Connects don’t have mics.  I’d like to be able to use the Voice Control feature via the Sonos controller app on my phone to control all my Sonos products (the Move is in another part of the house that doesn’t always pickup voice commands).

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @n0012 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Not a bad idea! Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Thanks!  I use other Voice assistant apps via their respective phone apps (Siri, Google Assistant) and think this would be a great feature and hopefully not too tall an order to implement.  The Apple Music + Sonos Voice Control integration is awesome and the Sonos voice btw is super cool.

Not against this idea in any way, but I wanted to point out that you can request to play audio in a different room then you are currently in (Move in your case)  by adding the room name at the end of the command.  Not sure if you’re aware of that and if it would help out at all for your situation.  I sometimes use a Roam as a sort of portable voice control for other rooms sometimes.