Give the command via the one gen 2 to one sl's

• 11 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi all!

I have just purchased a pair of One SL’s which I plan to put in stereo in the room named stereo. Since I own a One Gen2 allready can I say Hey Sonos play “something” in stereo? Do I have to group the SL’s and One Gen2 first?

Thank you

Neven

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Assuming the mic can hear you: yes. If you don’t specify a room the command will apply to the Dining Room speaker; if you specify “<command> in/on Home Theatre” it’ll play to the Playbar+Sub+Surrounds whilst “<command> in/on Lounge” will affect your pair of OneSL’s. 

Thank you very much. It is an open space so it want be a problem.

Neven

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Assuming the mic can hear you: yes. If you don’t specify a room the command will apply to the Dining Room speaker; if you specify “<command> in/on Home Theatre” it’ll play to the Playbar+Sub+Surrounds whilst “<command> in/on Lounge” will affect your pair of OneSL’s. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Ok. I have a playbar, sub and two play 3's in a home theater ròom, and a one gen 2 in dining room (only speaker with mic) and soon a pair of SL's in let's say a lounge.. Ni matter which configuration I am allways able to control any of my rooms with a single voice assistant enabled speaker?

Thank you both very much

Neven

I’d probably say ‘on’ rather than ‘in’, but you could just test and see which works better for you and your system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you create a stereo pair, they will be known by their roomname, so if you call the room “stereo” you can say “play x in stereo” and x will play to that room. You can then group multiple rooms and have the music sync’d in both rooms. 
It may be clearer to call the paired One SL’s by a “geographical” name such as Lounge.