Answered

Favorite radio stations via Sonos voice control

• 3 February 2024
  • 3 replies

How can I play my favorite radio stations defined in  My Sonos (Favorites) via Sonos voicecontrol.

Each time I ask “Hey Sonos ,,.” he searches into the Sonos library and not into My favorite stations. 
So stupid that I think something is wrongly configured at my side.

Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 9 February 2024, 13:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Baltoche, welcome to Sonos Community!

I’m sharing with you a very informative support article List of voice requests for Sonos Voice Control.

If you can please tell me which Radio Station you are asking Sonos Voice Control to play, I could try it on my system and will return with my results.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

it is about favorites I created in My Sonos from other service (RadioPlayer, MyTuner)

I configured 6 or 7 favorite local stations, but when I ask “hey Sonos, play LN Radio” et tell me that I have to subscribe to a service.

After a quick test, it seems that he finds stations added with TuneIn, but not when added from MyTuner or RadioPlayer..

is it possible that depending the service (TuneIn, RadioPlayer, MyTuner), the voice control has another behaviour ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Baltoche, thank you for the response.

is it possible that depending the service (TuneIn, RadioPlayer, MyTuner), the voice control has another behaviour ?

You are correct, TuneIn works alongside Sonos Radio so it makes sense to have that part working.

Here is a list of Music services that work with Sonos Voice Control.

Other radio stations outside Sonos Radio and TuneIn might work incidentally and that could be because they use the same URL for multiple services.