Skip to main content
Question

Can't add Sonos Voice Control while connected to 5G router

• 8 June 2024
  • 0 replies

I know LTE routers are not supported and I have read all the related articles but, so far, I have managed to create a system with a 2nd gen One (second one due to arrive in the next couple of days) and a Sub Mini, update each product and connect to Spotify and BBC Sounds without any real trouble. I managed to get Alexa working once I found out that you have to delete the Amazon Shopping app to make the connection work. I also tried adding Google Assistant before realising that you can't have both that and Alexa on the same speaker.

The only thing I can't get to work is Sonos Voice Control. I have tried using 5GHz WiFi, 2.4GHz WiFi and even a hotspot but no dice. The "update" (don't ask me why SVC should be an update and not part of the basic firmware) crawls round to the full circle, hangs there fire a minute or two and then fails. I have tried wiping the app but to no avail.

N. B. I am using Three's 5G broadband on a ZTE Mc801A and have a good stable 5G signal. 

Can anybody (@Corry P) help?

TIA, 

Simon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.