Question

why i dont have option to add voice service

• 25 September 2019
  • 7 replies

had the sonos play 1 speakers and just added a new sonos one with voice support, however the sonos app doesnt give me the option under browse neither i do not have the “more’ tab....
help please

7 replies

The menus have changed. See these links:

Setting up a One with Alexa

Settings up a One with Google Assistant
In services i cant find any of the voice services. Google or Alexa.
i guess it is because of my region, which is disturbing, because when i bought the speaker it didnt say anything about region limitation. Also i am not aware of google assistant limit in my region. I have it on my phone.
can someone help bypassing it?
Thanks!
Btw i have premium spotify, all i wanted is to add voice control, i know google assistant supports it
Userlevel 6
Badge +12
I’m not sure that you’re in a country where Sonos offers voice support?

I seem to recall some some threads on this subject, where a suggested workaround was to register your account as being in a supported country, but I don’t know if that is still possible or what the process is/was.
Apparently changing country didn't work
Apparently changing country didn't work
I think Spotify and others have blocked users switching country and use the Account payment details and other measures to determine residence.

Apparently changing country didn't workI think Spotify and others have blocked users switching country and use the Account payment details and other measures to determine residence.

Well, the thing is spotify is supported and i have that service going, i just want to add google voice controll to it, this is shame that it is not avail. I am sure someone cracked it...