Question

why i cant use google assistant in israel? on beam? why its matter what country?

• 26 September 2020
  • 5 replies

why i cant use google assistant in israel? on beam? why its matter what country?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @shtivy.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience that you're not able to use Google assistance in your country, Google is the one implementing which countries will it be available and not Sonos.

You can check this link for a list of countries currently Google assistance is available.

Google Assistant availability on Sonos.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Don’t tell anyone…

If you change the country setting to US, the Netherlands or UK on https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/ GA should become available to you…...

Don’t tell anyone…

If you change the country setting to US, the Netherlands or UK on https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/ GA should become available to you…...

I did it. I changed my country settings to use Google Assistant in Chile and it worked… I was able to install Alexa and Google Assistant.

I preferred Google, but when I tried to listen to music using Spotify or other source, the Assistant indicates that I can not play music on this device (Sonos), but I can do it over other devices on my network (Google’s speaker). :sleepy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Good to hear that this still works!

That's strange. Did you link all your accounts (Spotify to Google and Sonos, Google to Sonos and Sonos to Google??

Good to hear that this still works!

That's strange. Did you link all your accounts (Spotify to Google and Sonos, Google to Sonos and Sonos to Google??

Yes. I linked all accounts. It is strange. I think could be some Country validation between them, because I’m using Spotify with Google before I connected Sonos and Google was linked with Spotify as a Chilean Account. 

GA replies to My voice commands, and it plays Music from Spotify on a Googles device, even if Sonos was the MIC, but can not Play Music on Sonos.