When will we see Sonos support for the Samsung Family Hub?

• 15 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve had my Samsung Family Hub with integrated display for a year now.  I have seen more music services come to it (including Spotify) - When will Sonos support the Samsung Family Hub?   This would be a terrific addition as I have Sonos throughout my home - and suspect a lot of other people own both Sonos and the Samsung Family Hub.    Please advise - Thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Samsung Family Hub is not something I have here at home, but just out of curiosity, does the installed Spotify Music App that you mention, not have its usual 'connect' feature to access your local network devices, including Sonos products for audio playback from their service?

It would be interesting to know what OS it runs as well. If it’s Android, it might be able to run it….but might not, depending on how it communicates with the rest of the network. Kind of like the restrictions on running the controller on the Chromebook OS. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have a Family Hub built into my fridge, it runs an old version of Tizen. If it ran a newer version I was going to try getting my Sonos app running on it, but I could not. Also Samsung make it very hard to actually develop software for this unless you are a huge company (eg Spotify).

Just been looking for an answer to the same question, having just bought a Samsung fridge with family hub. 

It would be great to have a native Tizen Sonos app, but what I don't understand is why Spotify connect on the fridge can see all my devices that I can stream to on my network apart from my Sonos speakers. 

If I could stream using the fridge but output the sound to sonos via Spotify that would be great. Does anyone else have them same problem? 

I have the same need for the samsung fridge/spotify.

Also raised it at spotify:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Spotify-on-Samsung-family-hub-fridge-freezer/td-p/5023000