Answered

Unable to add Playbase+surrounds to homekit

• 29 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey there,

Just moved into a new place and am trying to add my living room setup of a playbase plus paired one surrounds to HomeKit.  However the Home app is not recognizing any of the speakers.  I tried factory resetting all three and was eventually able to see two speakers (not sure which ones) in the Home app, but still wasn’t able to add them (failed) and now they will not appear again.  Also have power cycled my phone, Apple TV hub and router.

I’ve successfully added a set of stereo ones and a standalone one to HomeKit so no issue with the rest of the setup.  Would appreciate any help.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 2 August 2021, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @mattmoretti1, welcome to the Sonos Community!

So we can get a clearer picture on how the network is setup, mind letting us know the make/model of router, and if there are any Access Points or wireless extenders in use?

Are any of the Sonos speakers connected via Ethernet, or are they fully wireless?

It may also help to turn off Private Addressing in the iOS settings. Let us know how you get on :)

Hi @mattmoretti1, welcome to the Sonos Community!

So we can get a clearer picture on how the network is setup, mind letting us know the make/model of router, and if there are any Access Points or wireless extenders in use?

Are any of the Sonos speakers connected via Ethernet, or are they fully wireless?

It may also help to turn off Private Addressing in the iOS settings. Let us know how you get on :)

Eero Pro router with two beacons.  Speakers in question are fully wireless, but appear to be connected to the main eero base station if that matters.

Turned off private addressing but still not showing up when I try to add an accessory.  I could wire it into the router but unfortunately the eero base station only has two ports and I need the free port for a hue bridge.  But if that’s the solution I’m happy to get a switch and can hardwire in a few more devices.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Got it - if it’s possible to temporarily connect via Ethernet, to see if we can get the initial connection completed, that would be ideal.

If not, then another option would be to temporarily power off any secondary WiFi nodes to ensure that the iOS device and your Sonos speakers are connecting to the same point.

If you’re still having trouble, it may also be worth reaching out to our Support Team via live chat or phone call, as they have more tools available for live troubleshooting :)

Still no luck in hardwiring or disconnecting the router beacons, tried to call the support team and they said “we deal with troubleshooting with the Sonos app” before putting me on hold a couple times and walking me through some steps after submitting some diagnostics but they didn’t seem to have any answers.  Anything else that might work?