Answered

Sonos with Google Home

• 13 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
So I've seen quite a lot of posts about this topic, but haven't seen this one specific question: I realize that google home isnt officially supported by sonos yet. But is it possible to simply use the sonos one as a speaker for google home? Let's say I want to listen to spotify, tell my google home that I want to listen to spotify and the sound just comes over the sonos speakers? I don't mind if there is no group support or microphone support of the sonos one yet
icon

Best answer by Smilja 13 March 2019, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

So I've seen quite a lot of posts about this topic, but haven't seen this one specific question: I realize that google home isnt officially supported by sonos yet. But is it possible to simply use the sonos one as a speaker for google home? Let's say I want to listen to spotify, tell my google home that I want to listen to spotify and the sound just comes over the sonos speakers? I don't mind if there is no group support or microphone support of the sonos one yet
There's no kind of compatibility with Google Home at this time.
HI Gian-Marco I just played with this as well you can use the Yonomi app to make the integraton with Sonos to gain full control via Google Home it works perfect.
https://www.yonomi.co/blog/2019/1/24/your-guide-to-connecting-sonos-and-google-home
Badge +7
In two words, not yet (at least not directly).

You would have to at the very least have the ability to Chromecast to the Sonos device, and there's no Aux input for CC.

Sonos has promised GA compatibility, and it feels like they're getting closer. I know it's been a long time, but what's a bit longer at this point? 🆒
Badge +7
While we're on this topic -- instead of me creating yet another new thread, could existing Yonomi users please chime in with maybe 2 or 3 custom routines they've found useful in collaboration with their Sonos speakers.

I haven't ventured into Yonomi but would be very interested in what others have discovered/developed, as well as their own review of the app itself.

Cheers!