Answered

Sonos one - Nest Hello integration questions

• 20 April 2019
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Something interesting happened when I got home. 

I have a Sonos Beam and 4 Sonos One's 2 of which are surrounds so they don't count. When I ring the Nest Hello only the Beam announces the visitor and the other 2 One's sit silently.  I'm going to play with this some more later. 

I have a lot of GA devices I need to disable first. 

Will report back. 

I’ve followed all the directions and cannot get sonos speakers to notify me when my nest doorbell is rung. 

Hi all - I’m new to this community so please let me know if I need to publish this question elsewhere.

what was the update on the thread above? I’m looking to install Nest door video and wanted to play the door chime through the Sonos speakers. Do this now work via S2 Sonos products?

Thanks!

Hey,

I have the same problem. I can't manage to connect the nest hello to the sonos beam. Does anyone know the solution for this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi all - I’m new to this community so please let me know if I need to publish this question elsewhere.

what was the update on the thread above? I’m looking to install Nest door video and wanted to play the door chime through the Sonos speakers. Do this now work via S2 Sonos products?

Thanks!

This is not a feature of the Sonos app itself but a Google Assistant feature. I'm not sure if Nest Hello is compatible with Alexa. I only use Google Assistant.There is no place to add this in the Sonos S1 or S2 app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey,

I have the same problem. I can't manage to connect the nest hello to the sonos beam. Does anyone know the solution for this?

Do you use Google Assistant on your Beam and have Google Home installed on your mobile device?

This has to happen first. I had this working on my Beam which I've moved to the bedroom. I will check tomorrow to make sure it's still working. 

This is something that has to be done in the Google Home app though.

How this hwlps. 

Hi,

I have troubles to get the door chime play through my Sonos One speaker.

Previously, I had an Google Home Mini connected to my Nest Hello and it worked fine - the door chime was played through the Google Home Mini speaker. However, now when I purchased the Sonos One speaker, I removed the Google Home Mini from my ‘Google Home’ (also disconnected it from power outlet) and added the Sonos One speaker to the ‘Google Home’ instead.

The Sonos One speaker is linked to the Google Assistant, meaning I can talk to the Sonos One speaker and it reacts and follows my voice instructions all fine.

However, no door chime sound from the Sonos One when ringing the bell. :-( (door chime sound is only coming from my Android phone).

I have read the whole thread here and followed the instructions that ‘Ravica3’ mentioned, including ensuring that ‘Visitor Announcements’ is turned on in Nest app.

When opening the Google Home app, I see the Sonos One speaker there, in the same ‘Google Home’ as the Nest Hello device. Everything looks fine, except it does not work with the door chime. 

Any ideas how to fix this?

How to troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance.

BR Martin

Hi again,

FYI, I solved my problem with help from Google helpdesk.

We concluded together that every setting was indeed correctly setup, like the ‘Visitor announcement’ turned on, ‘Notification/Partner services’ turned on in the Assistant settings, in “Your data in the Assistant” - ‘Web & App Activity’ turned on incl. the check-boxes, etc. 

These settings were all turned off and then on again in order to re-apply the settings, but no luck yet (even though it was perhaps good to re-apply it)

The thing that finally resolved my issue was to perform a factory reset of my Sonos One speaker (i.e. long-press ‘infinity’ button while re-inserting the power cable) and re-activate the Google Assistant link to Google Assistant. I double-checked the link to Google by asking “OK Google, what’s my name” and the reply was indeed my name, Martin.

After that check, I pressed the door bell button and the Sonos One said “It is someone on the front door”. :-)

Hope this helps others having similar problem.

BR Martin

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Glad it's working for you now. Surprised it took a reset.

I did confirm every Sonos my home except for sorrounds and sub work with the Nest Hello visitor notification. If it stops working for some reason, I know what to do