Question

Sonos one - Nest Hello integration questions

• 20 April 2019
  • 15 replies

Does Sonos one integrate with Nest Hello? As in, does the Sonos One speaker sound a chime when someone presses the smart doorbell at home? Searched around, could not find anything conclusive. This should absolutely be a supported api/feature of the integration and I am looking to get more clarity ASAP on planning some smart home purchases.

Any advise is appreciated!

15 replies

I'm not aware that there's any official integration with Nest, supported by Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Me neither. As Nest is part of Google maybe something will come after Google Home Integration is released.
Ah, an excellent thought, bockersjv. We'll have to see.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Once Google assistant is available for Sonos I'm sure Nest Hello will work Just fine. Nest Hello's rings all my Google Home products (1 Google Home, 2 Google Minis and 1 Google Home Hub) I will probably not enable it on my Sonos speakers as I already have enough "ringers".
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Yes it does.

I have my nest hello announced on my Play:One “X is at the Front Door”.
It’s pretty cool!

Now I have only managed to set it up for the Sonos One and Beam. Not for my other speakers (playbar, play 5, etc...)

Does anyone know how to make the same thing work on the Playbar/Play:5?
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I wouldn't think it would work on speakers that do not have Google assistant built in to it. I could be wrong though.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I just checked, something. Since my One's serve as surrounds, GA is disabled and only my beam gives Nest Hello alerts.
Yes it does.

I have my nest hello announced on my Play:One “X is at the Front Door”.
It’s pretty cool!

Now I have only managed to set it up for the Sonos One and Beam. Not for my other speakers (playbar, play 5, etc...)

Does anyone know how to make the same thing work on the Playbar/Play:5?

Hi, this is so cool!

How did you manage it?
Hi, Nest said this should work, can some one from Sonos confirm this? I can't get my Beam to play a sound when the doorbell is pressed. I have Google Home as my assistant running on my Beam.

How did the others get this working?
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
It most definitely works. My Beam announces when the door bell is rang.
Make sure it is enabled by:
  1. Open sonos app
  2. Settings
  3. Services
  4. Google Assistant under Voice
  5. Choose Beam (or Whatever the name of your Beam is)
  6. Next Choose Google Assistant Settings, (this opens up in the Google Home App)
  7. There are several things here. Make sure Notifications are turned on. The same has to be done for Google Home Speakers as well to hear the doorbell.
Hope this helps and works out for you.
Badge +3
One of the best features with the integration IMO. Works like a charm!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
One of the best features with the integration IMO. Works like a charm!
I really like this too but I ended disabling it on my Bean, I have several Google Home speakers and the Nest Secure Alarm (which also announces it) and they all go off one by one causing a repeated echo though the whole house. Something happens when I broadcast a message.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should just disable it on one of the Google Home speakers and re-enable it on the Beam.
It most definitely works. My Beam announces when the door bell is rang.
Make sure it is enabled by:
  1. Open sonos app
  2. Settings
  3. Services
  4. Google Assistant under Voice
  5. Choose Beam (or Whatever the name of your Beam is)
  6. Next Choose Google Assistant Settings, (this opens up in the Google Home App)
  7. There are several things here. Make sure Notifications are turned on. The same has to be done for Google Home Speakers as well to hear the doorbell.
Hope this helps and works out for you.

Hi - Where about are the notifications settings with the Google Home App?
Doesn't matter, I've sorted it now 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Doesn't matter, I've sorted it now :)
You're all set? Got it working now?