Question

Sonos integration

• 4 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to help out a neighbor who purchased some Pyle bluetooth in ceiling speakers.  He wants the ability to listen to his TV and play music (via phone app) on them.  Additionally, he will add more speakers up stairs and wants to pipe the music to those as well.  Does Sonos have such a device?   Can multiple Sonos devices be linked together to provide music all over the house?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi @n2netwrkng 

Sonos only offers BT connectivity on its Move product. However the Move when in BT mode cannot be grouped to other Sonos. On the otherhand to play music over BT to the Move and the Pyle speakers would depend upon the devices ability to connect to multiple BT devices.

Sonos is a whole-home music system that allows you to set speakers in multiple rooms and play the same source material to all speakers. Conversely, you can play different source material to individual speakers simultaneously (i.e. rock in the den, country in the kitchen and jazz in the bedroom).

If using AirPlay 2 you can play music to Sonos and a non-Sonos speaker that has AirPlay 2 capability.  For example I can Airplay 2 to my Sonos and Apple HomePod speakers simultaneously.

Sonos also allows you to send music to a stereo system using a Sonos Port connected to an unused RCA-In or 3.5mm-In port on the system via RCA-Out from the Port (cables can be RCA to RCA or RCA to 3.5mm).

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Cheers!