Sonos and Logitech Harmony

• 24 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I hope someone can help me!

I have a Harmony Elite and Companion, each with their own hubs. Both have been set up and working until about 10 days ago. Each one is set up in a different room, but in both rooms they are controlling a Sky box, Samsung TV and Sonos Arc with Sub & surrounds.

The Companion is still working fine, but 10 days ago the Elite stopped controlling the volume on the Sonos Arc it was connected to.

After a bit of investigation, when I look for Sonos on my network using the Harmony app (as if I'm setting it up for the first time) it only finds a Sonos Move (which I have in another room). There are 8 other rooms with Sonos in and it doesn't find any of them, 11 days ago, it used to find them all.

The really odd thing is if I search when using the Companion hub, it finds about half the rooms and still controls the Arc it is set up to control.

I'm tearing my hair out with this, I've tried deleting the harmony Elite, resetting it to factory, powering everything off and on, resetting my router, deleting the apps, deleting Sonos but none of them make any difference.

I now have a totally useless Elite remote.

Can anyone please help! 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do you by chance, have a BT Smart Hub?  If so, please look at: 

Badge +1

No, Virgin Media fibre connection and modem, with Netgear Orbi router.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

No, Virgin Media fibre connection and modem, with Netgear Orbi router.

Bang goes that idea then! :nerd:

Are your Sonos devices connected via wi-fi, wired or Sonos Net?

As a test, can your Sky remote still adjust the Arc Volume?

Have you tried syncing your Harmony to check for updates?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You may also want to look at my post here: 

Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Badge +1

Some are wired, some are wireless, all connected using a Boost.

Sky remote still adjusts the volume, but I’m not sure if that’s via the TV using e-Arc or not.

I’m totally baffled, the fact one remote works, but the other doesn’t is driving me mad!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Some are wired, some are wireless, all connected using a Boost.

Sky remote still adjusts the volume, but I’m not sure if that’s via the TV using e-Arc or not.

I’m totally baffled, the fact one remote works, but the other doesn’t is driving me mad!

Is there a link between the rooms that you can see and the connection method?  Did you see my Tips and Tricks post?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also, have you removed any wi-fi credentials in the Sonos App, as you have the Boost?

Badge +1

Thanks for your help, there are no duplicate IP addresses and I haven’t removed any wifi credentials I’m aware of.

It is so infuriating, needless to say Logitech support has been less than useless as well! 

I have had this Harmony ‘scanning’ issue with Sonos too in the past. I have a couple of Harmony Hubs and the best solution I find, is often to remove the ‘Sonos’ device in the Harmony App completely and any entries from any related ‘Activities’ and reboot the network and set them up again from scratch - I sometimes get duplicate Sonos ‘Rooms’ if I ‘refresh’ the Sonos devices too.

I don’t think the Logitech setup scan/refresh works that well after the initial setup… it seems a bit ‘hit and miss’ to me.