Answered

sonos alexa supporting south africa

• 24 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Good day I would like to ask when is the voice assistants like alexa and google assistant be supported in south Africa . we cant be selling your devices but cant get all that it can do .we integrate   a lot of sonos speakers in a lot of smart homes but cant explain to a client that this features dot work wilts on your web site it says you have it built in 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 February 2023, 16:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lwazi penwell Masina 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Launching on Sonos via a free software update in Spring 2023, Amazon Alexa International Version will be available in 27 new countries: Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Costa Rica, Peru, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Ecuador, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, South Africa, Turkey, and Puerto Rico.

Amazon Alexa International Version supports a limited number of Amazon Alexa features, including music playback controls, calendars, alarms, and smart home commands. Some features and services are not supported.

I hope this helps.

Hi do you know  the date at witch the  update will be available to us in south Africa 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lwazi penwell Masina 

“Spring 2023” is all the information I have.

Hello

Spring 2023 in US is March. Also any news on Google assistant please. Thanking you in advance 

Cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Spring is march through to may…… They still have a couple of months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kevinmgp 

There have been no announcements regarding the expansion of Google Assistant’s supported regions.

I hope this helps.

good day it is all most to the end off may and still the is no alexa support on the sonos in south africa can same one give us same info as to what is the problem and when is it going to be available 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lwazi penwell Masina 

Please take it as a surety that no date will be given beforehand - it’ll be made available, and when it is made available, it will be announced. Not only do I not know exactly when this will be, but if I did know I would not be allowed to share the information in case it needed to be delayed for some reason.

It is coming soon, however.

I hope this helps.