Sonos 10.1 and Smartthings not working

• 10 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello, since I have upgraded my sonos system to 10.1 Smartthings integration is not working.
Could you please fix this?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
You need to ask smartthings to fix their xml parsing. A lot of third party stuff was broken by 10.1 (though none of mine) due to an inexplicable change in the Zone data, which causes some code to fail to find any players.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Wow, whatever change was made has really made in 10.1 a mess of things for me with SmartThings. Are the changes you say are necessary just in in the DTH or are they elsewhere?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Sonos decided to change the xml schema in the zone data: this data determines the list of players and groups. When it fails to parse, the symptoms are: no players found.

Why they changed this remains a mystery. This data is absolutely required for anyone wanting to find Sonos players and groups.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I’m assuming that the changes are to prep for Google home.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
This issue appears to have been fixed (by whom, I don't know) as my Sonos integrations with SmartThings suddenly started working again.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I’m assuming that the changes are to prep for Google home.

HA