Smartthings intergation / Dogs barking

• 22 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I am considering buying Sonos Roam to connect it through Smartthings. Unfortunately with all the recent changes in Smarthings environment I am not sure if I’ll even be able to connect it. So my question is:

1. Is it possible to easily connect the Sonos Roam in Smartthings?
  2. Is it possible to activate certain build-in sounds on different actions? For example turn on the dogs barking sound when the motion on some sensor is detected. But I want to do it directly in Smartthings, without the need of any complex steps in Smartthings Groovy IDE etc.

3 replies

@ceznov,

I don’t use a smartthings hub, but thought this YT video might perhaps assist you…

https://youtu.be/KtOUiMAWXQg

He uses smartapps which are no longer available in smartthings. So I guess it wouldnt work... 

He uses smartapps which are no longer available in smartthings. So I guess it wouldnt work... 

Ah okay - I know these things are possible snd easy to setup with Amazon Alexa routines and a Hue sensor as I’ve just tested that - see screenshot attached.

I’m just not that familiar with the capabilities of the smartthings hub - I’m guessing IFTTT and Yonomi will easily support these things too.