Question

Play:1 Google Assistant and Apple Music

• 7 July 2019
  • 0 replies

Hi

I use 2no play 1 and a play 5. All in separate rooms and I think they are excellent.

Recently, I purchased a nest stat and hello door bell to which I received a free google mini. This opened me to the world of voice assistants as I wasn’t ready yet to upgrade to the One or the Beam.

I use Apple Music as my steaming service of choice and understand that the google assistant has just been introduced to Sonos in the uk.

I have connected my system to the google home app and my speakers appear within each room. I understand that Apple Music is not yet supported through google home (although it is in the assistant) but other streaming services like Spotify are. However I noticed that you can only set google play or YouTube as the default music service.

Now I’m not too fussed about selecting music service through an assistant as I quite like the sonos app and seeing what music to play, I think it would be a nuisance to try and remember every artist or song I wanted to play to try and describe it to an assistant.

I do however like the routines like “good morning” etc but I see there is no way to play this through one of my sonos speakers even through they are a recognised device in google home? Would this only work if I had a new Sonos One or Beam? and even then only play through that speaker and not my old Sonos speakers? and then I would have to have one of the google assistants preferred music services?

Can anyone else confirm whether Alexa has a better set up and integration? Although I understand that google seems to be the more capable assistant?

I understand that I trying link three different companies products... but any comments are greatly appreciated.

aaron

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.