Skip to main content

latest Sonos release, causing SMART HOME integration issues

• 24 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Is it just me but the latest Sonos release is nothing but painful when it comes to integrations with anything other than Sonos. I have noticed integration with Alexa not behaving consistently or at all, and integrations with Samsung smartthings also failing and not reliable. This is pretty much made Sonos integration with Alexa routines and with smartthings routines pointless. Is anyone else experiencing the same issues? Anyone with any workarounds?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is it just me but the latest Sonos release is nothing but painful when it comes to integrations with anything other than Sonos. I have noticed integration with Alexa not behaving consistently or at all, and integrations with Samsung smartthings also failing and not reliable. This is pretty much made Sonos integration with Alexa routines and with smartthings routines pointless. Is anyone else experiencing the same issues? Anyone with any workarounds?

I’m using ikea symfonisk remotes, they still work. The Google home voice control  I use periodically still works. 

Not helpful to solve your issue but hope you get your issues sorted quickly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have a mixed impact in my Smart Home.  Hubitat appears unaffected but Home Assistant was reporting a Network error for the last few days.  However, after a reboot this morning it is reporting no issues.  Have you tried rebooting Smartthings.

Alexa integration has a known issue associated to it currently, please see: 

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon%2Dalexa%2Dand%2Dsonos%2D229102/after%2Dupgrade%2Dto%2Dnew%2Dsonos%2Dalexa%2Dis%2Dnot%2Dworking%2D6893863 

My Google Assistant / Home will not connect. Cannot find device. Amazon Alexa and Sonos assistant work fine. Come on Sonos!