Answered

If This Then That Sonos control via Google Assistant troubleshooting

• 13 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Wondering if anyone can help me troubleshooting why Google Assistant doesn't control my Sonos speaker. I have linked my IFTTT account with my Sonos account. There appears to be no way of linking to Google Home or Assistant. Google reveals nothing on troubleshooting this and can find nothing in the Sonos form
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 November 2018, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

GregHoward,

It will work .. Create a new IFTTT applet. Load google assistant as your trigger action. (See screenshot 1).. Here, in this simple example, I have chosen to use a simple phrase and completed the trigger fields.

THEN...

Choose 'Sonos' for the responding Action to the trigger. (See screenshot 2) ... Here, I have chosen to play a playlist in the lounge and grouped rooms.

Save the trigger and then in my case, I simply say to my Google Home device... 'Hey Google, lets hear some music' and she replies 'Okay, Music is on its way'.

Then the playlist, Ken's Playlist plays on the lounge speakers and any other speakers grouped with them.

Hope that helps ?
I should perhaps add that some phrases are not possible, as they maybe reserved by the Google Assistant, but otherwise you should be good to go.

I recommend you keep all wording in lowercase. It certainly works as a good interim measure until the Google integration with Sonos is released next year.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Helpful video here:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20lFWrBi6Qc