Answered

How well does Sonos work with Philips Hue Sync

• 21 January 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m just starting buy buy philips hue products and wants to see if the Sonos will work well with Philip Hue Sync Box. I want to know first if I can connect it directly to the TV I’m going to use or do I need to have another device like Apple 4K to use it correctly? I own a lot of Sonos products and need to make sure I’m spending my money on something that works!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 12 February 2020, 19:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@tscott5091 Welcome to the Sonos Community and sorry for the slow reply to your question. In order to incorporate Sonos with your Philips Hue light bulb system you would need one of our Sonos products that support voice control with Alexa or Google Assistant like the Sonos One or Beam. The same way you would have had to teach Sonos the skill for Alexa or Google Assistant. You will have to setup a Sonos skill in your Philips Hue app to work with a voice control service already setup with Sonos.

Sonos Hue Sync Box only works as an HDMI passthrough. If you listen to your TV content through a box, like Apple TV, then yes, you will be able to make it all work together (with Sonos Beam on a separate HDMI port directly on your TV). 

But you can’t use it with TV apps.