How to connect Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box and Sonos Beam

• 5 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi

How can I connect my Sonos Beam and the Philips Hue Sync Box so that the sound of the TV comes from Sonos while the Hue light bulps controlled by the Hue Sync Box synchronizes with the picture of the TV? I don’t care about music coming from streaming services like Spotify to sync with the Hue Sync Box. Just want to have the TV picture to be in sync with the Hue lamps. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

What exactly are you watching on your TV? I’m pretty sure the Hue Sync Box only works with external media devices (like an Apple TV, PS5, cable box, or Blu-ray player) connected to its HDMI ports. It will not work with the TV’s native streaming apps or the TV’s built-in digital tuner.

I’ve wondered the same and I haven’t received a clear answer anywhere therefore I haven’t bought one. I would think that the Earc would go into the tv and from the beam connect that to the sync box. Because to have that Sonos sound with Philips hue lights would be amazing

Hi

How can I connect my Sonos Beam and the Philips Hue Sync Box so that the sound of the TV comes from Sonos while the Hue light bulps controlled by the Hue Sync Box synchronizes with the picture of the TV? I don’t care about music coming from streaming services like Spotify to sync with the Hue Sync Box. Just want to have the TV picture to be in sync with the Hue lamps. Thanks