Question

Harmony Elite stopped controlling Sonos Beam Volume

• 1 January 2020
  • 0 replies

I have had problems controlling the volume of the Sonos Beam with a Harmony remote ever since I purchased the Beam about 6 months ago. The volume control (using the Harmony) seems to work for a period of time and then stops. It may be related to playing music through the Beam then switching back to the TV. Usually I reboot the TV, Beam and Harmony hub and it starts working again. This time it doesn't resolve itself.

I can control the beam through the Sonos app. I cannot put the volume up/down/mute using the Harmony remote. I also can't put the volume up/down/mute using the Harmony app on the phone. I have read quite a number of online articles and have tried selecting "TV" again in the Sonos app. That doesn't fix it. I have also tried switching the remote to only using IR for the Sonos beam but when I sync remote and app it resets itself to wifi + mini blasters. I have tried hanging one of the mini blasters in front of the Beam but that also doesn't work.

I can't re-program the volume up/down/mute buttons as there isn't a physical remote for the Beam. So at the moment I have run out of ideas on what to do next. I can only presume that maybe the Harmony remote is sending the wrong codes to the Beam. Has anyone managed to fix this problem? Or can someone suggest a few more options I can try? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.