Answered

Google home not playing requested song on sonos

• 2 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a google nest hub set up with the default speaker as my Sonos move, and the default music provider ass Spotify. Everything has been working great, except for sometimes when I ask google to play a specific song title, it will repeat the correct song but then play a completely different song not he speaker. I have spotify premium account set up on both google and Sonos. General playlist requests work for example “Play country music” but specific songs don’t. Any fix?

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 8 February 2023, 17:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @tinboat787,

Allow me to explain the process when you issue a command to your Google nest.

“Hey Google" → command received on Google Nest → request being sent to Google Cloud → Google Cloud pushes result on the default speaker, which is Sonos in this case.

Your Sonos Move will play whatever is being sent to it from Google Nest (and Google Cloud). There are multiple steps that something might go wrong, ending to a different outcome.

If you are able to reproduce this issue, have a look in your Google Home app afterwards → Top Right Icon → My Activity and you can see what was received from your command.

Then using the Sonos App, please submit Diagnostics and reply with the number here, so that I can have a look at what your Sonos Move received.

Followed your above steps. Here’s the diagnostic number: 821741554

The command matched what google home had received but what was actually played through the Sonos was wrong. Hopefully this number helps? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @tinboat787, thank you for the response. I looked into your diagnostics and saw a couple issues that might affect the performance.

Since you are able to reproduce the problem, I would recommend contacting our Sonos Support for some live troubleshooting, as they have more tools in their disposal and can assist you further.

Please feel free to reply here after the call, with any update.