Answered

Asking google home to play spotify on default speaker sonos

• 31 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a sonos move and a google nest hub set up in the kitchen. Sonos move is set up to use sonos voice control so that I can verbally group it with the other sonos speakers in the house. I have a google nest hub  that will play specific spotify songs I request, but it only plays on the google nest hub speaker. I would like to find a way to ask google to play a specific spotify song but have it play on the sonos move speaker. I set the sonos as the google homes default speaker but when i request a song it says “okay playing (this song) on the kitchen speaker. sorry spotify premium is not currently available” even though i have my spotify premium account set up and it works when the sonos is not the default speaker.

Is there a way to play spotify music by asking the google nest hub, and then have it play on the sonos speaker? 

icon

Best answer by tinboat787 2 February 2023, 22:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Firstly, if you’re using Spotify ‘Free’ version you can’t request playback via your Google Assistant on Sonos, only a subscription version will work and you need to have the Spotify service installed in both your Google Home and your Sonos Apps, each service must be logged in with the same user account credentials.

Then you need to install the Sonos Action/Skill in the Google Home App and place the speaker into one of your rooms in the Home .. all being well it should then work. If not, make sure you are using the same language/country settings in both the Google Home and in your Sonos online profile (do not use more than language in the Google Assistant App).

Hope that helps you to get things working.

Thanks for the reply! I have Spotify premium and did everything you mentioned above. I ended up “giving up” for 24 hours, came back and gave it another go and it worked! It must have just needed some time to catch up with all of the settings? Who knows

Thanks for the reply! I have Spotify premium and did everything you mentioned above. I ended up “giving up” for 24 hours, came back and gave it another go and it worked! It must have just needed some time to catch up with all of the settings? Who knows