Wall mounting of 65" TV and Sonos Arc

• 26 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi,
I have an LG OLED 65 "and Sonos Arc soundboard.
These will be wall mounted. How high on the wall should the TV be placed? And how far below should the soundboard be placed? I will use Sonos’ wall mount for Arc.
The TV sofa is placed 2.5 m2 from the wall. The room is approx. 20 m2.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

It depends on your specific setup. How tall are your ceilings? Do you have a media console under your TV location?

Ideally the TV should be mounted at a height where you can comfortably watch the TV while seated without straining your neck. For the best audio, the Arc should be at or a little below ear level and not too far from your ceiling (for the upward firing speakers). Sonos recommends at least 5.5 inches of space between the Arc and TV. Some users have mentioned 4 inches. Of course you want everything to look visually pleasing to your eyes too.

Badge

It depends on your specific setup. How tall are your ceilings? Do you have a media console under your TV location?

Ideally the TV should be mounted at a height where you can comfortably watch the TV while seated without straining your neck. For the best audio, the Arc should be at or a little below ear level and not too far from your ceiling (for the upward firing speakers). Sonos recommends at least 5.5 inches of space between the Arc and TV. Of course you want everything to look visually pleasing to your eyes too.

Thank you very much, GuitarSuperstar!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Your eyes should be at 1/3 from the top of the TV.

Badge

Hi 106Rallye,

Thanks. Some says that is about 23,6” (60 cm) 

And the Arc should be mounted 5.5” (14 cm.)  below the TV, ca. 18,5” (47 cm) from the floor.

Will the Arc then be close to the floor for optimal sound effect? Could it be to much “little below ear”?

Userlevel 7

18.5” from the floor is a little low. I would keep it around 24”. That’s where I have my Arc and I think it sounds great. It’s not too far from the ceiling and it still keeps your TV at or near eye level. If you think about it, most media consoles are at least 24” tall.

Badge

Hi,

Thank you very much!

It seems to be some compromising here.

Rgds

Ulf