Answered

Sonos v8.4 / Monterey on Mac

• 9 September 2022
  • 5 replies

To the old-schoolers out there like myself clinging on to v8.4 (for reasons of old hardware), it seems finally to have been killed by MacOS Monterey (at least on the desktop app) as Sonos now longer responds: I am restricted to the iOS app only and am kicking myself for updating my OS. If anyone knows of a setting or hack to bring it back to life, please let me know. My 3rd party MBS app still works (although not properly).

If I were to update my Sonos version does anyone know which is the latest version of the system to definitely work with an S1 (not S2)? Do I even have a choice?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by controlav 9 September 2022, 14:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Which SONOS components are in your system? Are you using CR100, CR200, or iPod?

Can you roll back to an earlier version of the MacOS?

Can you roll back to an earlier version of the MacOS?

Unfortunately not, for reasons beyond my control. I’m not 100% sure this is what did it, but would be curious if others had a similar experience. My MBS app also updated itself (without asking) and this may also have caused a problem, perhaps with a preference or permission somewhere. I’ve tried uninstalling it, but it makes no difference so am guessing it’s the Mac OS. But any ideas welcome...

I’m using a CR100, but also have a rather old iPhone running iOS14.4 (just about) as well as a Sonos Connect (which I think is restricted to the S1).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m using a CR100, but also have a rather old iPhone running iOS14.4 (just about) as well as a Sonos Connect (which I think is restricted to the S1).

The CR100 is the problem, recycle time for that. Apart from that just run the current S1 app and you’ll be fine.