Answered

Playbase won't recognise Hisense A7G remote

• 8 January 2022
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Hi all, I've just replaced my TV and the Playbase won't recognise the Hisense remote. The old (Samsung) remote worked fine though.

In the connect app, I enter the remote setup, but it won't recognise the remote at the first step (vol+).

I've tried all the obvious things, moving closer, new batteries, even removed the clear sticker from the IR lens (it's brand new remember)... Remote works fine with the TV too - no surprises there.

Any suggestion?

icon

Best answer by Ghic 8 January 2022, 12:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Is the remote an IR remote, or is it different tech, e.g. Bluetooth, wireless?

I'm not completely sure. It has a distinct IR lens at the front, but it works if line of sight is obstructed (e.g. hand covering the front of the remote).

Oh, the TV has a reciever in the bottom edge... Not sure if that's helpful.

I’m not sure.  I would have thought that if you have clear line of sight to the Playbase IR receiver, and the button press is not registered at all, the most likely explanation is that it is not an IR remote, but I cannot be sure.  Does the TV manual not tell you?

Just found this:

😢

Further research suggested trying disabling BT on the TV and I'm relieved to say it works!