Question

Play 1 - connection problem to Deco mesh system

• 25 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have changed my wifi router. With that I have also installed a deco wifi mesh system. Initially I set my existing Play 1 device back up connected to the new router and worked fine. I was having some interference issues though on other devices so was advised to turn off the wifi coming directly from my router and to rely solely on the deco mesh system for wifi. When I did this however I found it impossible to link the Play 1 back up with the 2.4 ghz wifi from the deco system. Can you tell me if it is possible to connect the play 1 to deco wifi or will it only work with the wifi directly from my router?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @colmcarrig.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining your concern, let me help you out.

Yes, it is possible to connect the Play: 1 to Deco WiFi since the WiFi coming from the router where it was initially set was turned off.

Please follow the steps below so your Sonos can save the Deco WiFi information.

NOTE: This process will require you to temporarily connect the speaker to the main Deco hub (primary wired mesh node) with an Ethernet cable.

If your Sonos App already shows your home page:

Tap Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup 

These steps are also available on our support website under the article Connect Sonos to a new router or WiFi network.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.