Answered

Is it possible to connect a Sonos Beam to a TV with a RCA digital output port...

• 6 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I purchased a Sonos Beam and found that it had wires to connect to either an ARC HDMI port or an optical digital audio output port on the TV,  My TV has only an audio digital RCA type port and the analog output ports.  Is there any way to connect using these ports - see image - If not, I will return the Beam. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 July 2020, 19:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Digital Coaxial to Optical Converter

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jaysev.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to advise that we do not recommend the setup since the Sonos Beam was manufactured to make use of only either the the HDMI cable through ARC or the optical adapter that came with it. Please see this guide for your reference. However, there is a topic that may be related to your concern. You may want to consider going through this article and see if it can help give some ideas on what to consider.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,