Answered

iPad S1 v11.2.3 will not find system.

• 24 October 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Since updating my iPad to the latest v11.2.3 of the S1 app, the app no longer finds my Sonos system - Sonos bridge and gen 1 play 5s

My iPhone running v11.2.2 of the app works fine, so the Sonos system is working fine.

Initially the app did not find the system soI uninstalled and reinstalled the app. With the latest app freshly installed on the iPad .. it does not find the existing system … nor, when signing in can I “create a new system” when trying to “pair” it with either the bridge or a speaker directly. The app does not let me progress beyond either of those steps. 

I have rebooted the bridge also.

Any ideas as to how I can get this iPad S1 app working again would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by M2_ 24 October 2020, 06:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Fixed … after lots more rebooting of router, bridge, speakers … I realised I couldn’t even browse to my router’s admin page from the problematic iPad even though iPad local network access was set set up correctly (iOS 14). In the end, an iPad reboot fixed it.

Good news as two iPads were problematic.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @M2_.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and sharing the solution on what fixed the issue. 

Thanks for sharing the solution on what fixed your issue so other members of the community who might have the same set up as yours with the same issue may find your solution handy. I’m glad that everything is now working again and I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Colliefriend.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for doing the extra effort on starting with the basic troubleshooting of isolating which controller works and which does not. I understand your situation. Let me help you out with that.

I would like to recommend the following guide, please follow the corresponding steps on what to do accordingly.

• Turn off Wi-Fi on your mobile phone’s settings.
  • Turn off and turn on your mobile phone or mobile controller.
  • Move closer towards the router your Sonos is connected to. 
  • Turn on Wi-Fi and reconnect the Wi-Fi network.
  • Force close and re-open the Sonos App.
  • If your Sonos iPad successfully connects, it may have just been a system IP-address renewal.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,