Answered

Beam surround rear speakers not working

• 24 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, this may just be me.

I have had a beam and 2 play one as my surround sound that i just set up. When I test the sounds on the app it sounds great with the volume coming from all three speakers. However when I play my TV there is no sound out of the rear play one’s (both) or it is extremely low and does not add anything to my audio experience. I have been through the set up a couple of times and each time increased the distance sat from the speakers (its now at max) each time rerunning true play to optimize the sound which has made no difference.
This is my first surround sound and its not the experience i was expecting or have heard about. I dont think it ls working as it should. Please help.

I have a Sony Bravia xbr65x850e TV.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 September 2021, 02:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

The surround speakers are working just fine. The reason why you aren’t hearing much audio from those speakers is because you are probably watching stereo audio content and not 5.1 audio content. What specifically are you watching and from what source?

While the audio is playing, the Now Playing screen on the Sonos app will display what type of audio is playing. With the Beam, you will usually either see “Stereo PCM” or “Dolby Digital 5.1”. The latter will produce the audio from the surround speakers you are looking for.

You can also adjust the TV Surround Audio Level under the Beam’s settings if you need them to be louder.

Read more about how surround sound works here: