I am trying to add an S2 connect to my S1 system. I have done this before more than once. Now, the process seems to have changed.
- I am running android with Sonos S1 v11.5
- I also have an S2 system running on the same network
- I reset an S2 connect device (running OS 14.12) and wait until it starts flashing green
- I click “Add device” from the S1 app. It searches, and finds my device. As soon as I click the “set up the product” button, it presents a new screen (I am never prompted to connect the device via the play/up volume button combination):
- The new screen is titled “About Connect”… “This product has S2 software which isn’t compatible with your S1 system. You can: *Review options for updating your system. *Downgrade Connect to S1 and add it to this system *Get the S2 app and set up a separate system with Connect. After that there are 3 clickable options: “Review your options:”; “About downgrading to S1”; and “Cancel”
- About leads me to a web help page.
- Cancel does what you’d think
- Review options...I get a list of all of my S1 devices past and present. Options on this screen are “Yes I’ll use them” and “No I won’t use them” and “not now”.
- If I select “not now”, it jumps to “About the S1 controller” and this is a dead end that abandons the ‘add product’ process.
- If I select either of “yes” or “no”, I get a screen “Sonos S2 available”, and then the “About the S1 controller”… which is the same dead end
SO… all paths are dead ends. Either something broke in the latest version of the Android controller, or there is something wrong with this particular S2 connect device.
How do I add this S2 device to my S1 system?
I have no problems adding the S2 device to my S2 system.
Best answer by rattyView original