Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to address concerns regarding our new app that launched in May. At Sonos, delivering an exceptional experience is paramount to all that we do. Unfortunately, your experiences over the past several weeks have fallen short of our commitment to you.

Today, our CEO Patrick Spence published a letter that includes a detailed update on the progress we’ve been making and plans going forward. You can read the full letter here.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and continued support. We are working hard to earn back your trust and are more committed than ever to delivering a consistently great Sonos experience for everyone.

Thank you all for your patience,
Your Sonos Team

No skit Charlie, but you Rhonny is happy with Sonos products at the moment???

No skit Charlie, nut you Rhonny is happy with Sonos products at the moment???

Yes, no issues here but I’m not getting drawn back into that. (It’s not my fault it’s working well.)

Happy for you Rhonny the skit is working, but I have a lot of players NOT working, and I’m not alone in the world!!!

Happy for you Rhonny the skit is working, but I have a lot of players NOT working, and I’m not alone in the world!!!

No you’re not, and I hope they sort it for you and others soon. 

Hello everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to address concerns regarding our new app that launched in May. At Sonos, delivering an exceptional experience is paramount to all that we do. Unfortunately, your experiences over the past several weeks have fallen short of our commitment to you.

Today, our CEO Patrick Spence published a letter that includes a detailed update on the progress we’ve been making and plans going forward. You can read the full letter here.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and continued support. We are working hard to earn back your trust and are more committed than ever to delivering a consistently great Sonos experience for everyone.

Your Sonos Team

What an idiot,  how can he be ceo ? Why not decide to come back to working Version? I would fire him next day after not giving customers friendly solution.

Better let him work in warehouse, cleaning the floor. 

I can’t imagine how anyone would trust Sonos again with a significant investment.   

Some people like high risk investments. Personally I agree and think once the Q3 & Q4 financials come out the share prices have further to drop.

As for buying Sonos products, I wouldn’t, but here in the UK Sonos home theatre products (soundbars, sub & surrounds) sit on the shelves in stores along side the likes of Denon, Samsung & LG. So when people are going in to buy their TV they will be on the upsell list.

Given how busy these stores on retail parks near me seem to be I am sure there are plenty of people who will buy them.

Can you at Sonos please send someone to my house in Sweden or France to get my speakers work again?

I have spent a round 20000 euro on your * products and the only thing I can use them to is to use them as bricks.

when and where can I meet your developers?

/STefan

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

And in H2 this year Sonos reported $865.5 Million Global revenue of which Europe was $259.65 Million.

Your 0.0075% contribution to that european revenue entitles you to a special staff visit and meeting with developers why?

Should someone who has spent 30/40/50K+ expect a staff member to come and operate the controller when they want their music changing?

What about someone who has only spent 19,999 should they expect nothing?

Well, I‘ll keep it polite this time, but I have other words in mind. It would be great if the app was released after fully functioning and severe testing. For months I’m struggling and it is still not working as expected. Sonos must do a much better job to gain my trust again 

You are very polite.  I blame thisxstupidcdecision to Release this lousy Update.  Ceo not Wörth to be at his Position.  Facing all this malfunction he should immediately Decide to launch back the working oder one,    he did not, he is an idiot

Can you at Sonos please send someone to my house in Sweden or France to get my speakers work again?

I have spent a round 20000 euro on your * products and the only thing I can use them to is to use them as bricks.

/STefan

Congrats SIGH!

I hope you like your bricks and think it’s worth to sit in a corner to sing cumbayaj!

And in H2 this year Sonos reported $865.5 Million Global revenue of which Europe was $259.65 Million.

Your 0.0075% contribution to that european revenue entitles you to a special staff visit and meeting with developers why?

Should someone who has spent 30/40/50K+ expect a staff member to come and operate the controller when they want their music changing?

Big changes ARE happening in world!

/STefan

You don’t understand a crap do you?

we ALL want Sonos to work again, even if you ONLY… spent 1999 euro on Sonos products…

My guess is that the new platform was needed for the headphones release and selling that new product for the spring/summer season outweighed the downside of release in a not-ready software product.   New revenue vs satisfaction of existing customers - decisions software execs have to make all the time.  They might have misread this one (although depends on much revenue they are generating with the headset.)  

I think so to, but to scrap all old customers instead of creating new app for the headphones was a HUGE mistake!

Hello everyone,

Your Sonos Team

FIRE Patrick Spence NOW!!! 

Hello everyone,

Your Sonos Team

FIRE Patrick Spence NOW!!! 

Alright, I’ll do it in the morning, I’m just going to bed.

/STefan

Congrats SIGH!

I hope you like your bricks and think it’s worth to sit in a corner to sing cumbayaj!

You don’t understand a crap do you?

we ALL want Sonos to work again, even if you ONLY… spent 1999 euro on Sonos products…

🙄 I think what you wrote and what you meant to express aren’t the same thing then.

You asked for staff to visit your home and for you to meet developers and tried to justify the request based on your spending. It doesn’t matter how many times I read it, there is no help all your customers, do anything for all your customers being asked for.

I have no singing voice and spend all day listening to music around the house as I work from home. I suspect I approached my Sonos purchases differently to many people. Buying hardware with zero control over the software and dependence on a cloud service was a considered risk that I accepted but was never 100% comfortable with. Having owned Sonos previously it was a case of better the devil I knew, given every manufacture forum is full of issues and problems, but have a backup plan for when it all goes wrong.

Zero real control over the software and a cloud service dependency is going to go badly wrong at some point no matter what the device is.

Will Sonos get bugs fixed? Mostly, but more slowly the longer it drags on.

Will Sonos get it back to feature parity with the previous version? Mostly, I think some things getting pushed further down the list and further back in time will end up never coming back.

Do I think October is realistic? Not really, I’d be expecting more like the end of the year.

As for my bricks, the only bricks I have are in the walls of my house. I’d be very concerned if they suddenly started playing music 😂

Still. 'no products found.' idiots.

Thank you for keeping your client in the loop.

Would it be possible to advise on how can we adjust our product meanwhile the new app gets figured out?

Since its impossible to access anything else then volume up or down directly from my television remote.

Is there an other way to get access to my Sonos Arc soundbar? 

I did more then a few time reboot, unplugged, the soundbar, my wifi, my router both app, everything that was suggested has been tried and failed. 
My husband is earring impaired and he can’t ear all the dialogue or certain sounds. Just a few adjustments would make all the difference.

Would it be possible to advise on how can we adjust our product meanwhile the new app gets figured out?

Since its impossible to access anything else then volume up or down directly from my television remote.

I did more then a few time reboot, unplugged, the soundbar, my wifi, my router both app, everything that was suggested has been tried and failed. 
My husband is earring impaired and he can’t ear all the dialogue or certain sounds. Just a few adjustments would make all the difference.

Turn on Speech Enhancement on the Now Playing screen when watching TV.

You can press the physical volume up and down buttons on the Arc itself too. 

If you can’t access the app at all (?) and want to adjust volume from an app then you could try Sonophone as an app if you use an iPhone.

I just don't understand removing functionality. These notes from the CEO do nothing to reassure me about my local library, which even before they broke the app, I could not use because my library is too big. I have a subsonic server running and now I can no longer add that, so my local library is basically unlistenable unless I go through a lot of gyrations. I have a lot of music I cannot find on streaming services!! Nowhere has anyone addressed the removal of 'other' music sources.

What killed me the most was I had an old device with an old version of the software on it and about a month ago, they decided to get rid of that too. They literally took away the only viable workaround. What a horrible way to do business. I do development for a living and if I delivered something this substandard to my users. I would hide my head as I restored the old version. And I would profusely apologize. 

I may sell my speakers and look for something else. 

Gosh. Are you people saying this isn’t ‘easier, faster and better’?

Santa Barbara, Calif., April 23, 2024

Sonos Unveils Completely Reimagined Sonos App, Bringing Services, Content and System Controls to One Customizable Home Screen

Modernized app and platform puts listeners in the driver's seat with a personalized experience that makes listening easier, faster and better.

Like that hasn’t been quoted before… x10,000.

I literally had to come here just to even see the note, as the app is so broken it just defaults to “No system was found on your network” after very quickly flashing the note on the home screen upon launching the app.

My entire system is down and is currently a very, very expensive paperweight, including the Move 2 I just bought at the beginning of the summer and have yet to use once. I hope this issue is resolved soon and that I’m able to find a workaround in the meantime. While I appreciate the accountability and acknowledgment, having the entire system down is incredibly frustrating and disappointing. 

Congrats you can change volume, ALL my Sonos devices are totally gone!