Why No Bluetooth Stereo on Move and Roam?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

109 replies

Userlevel 3

A deal breaker? That’s the bar that Sonos is trying to meet with its products?

It’s a deal breaker for me because I was considering buying two to add to my sonos system but if they can't be used away from home, I’m going to wait until they add this feature. Clearly other people also care because they have made the same comments. Are you trolling here? I’m just giving honest feedback.

And the devices could use whatever protocol works best according to the developers, bluetooth or wifi.

The question that really matters, surely, is: "For how many potential purchasers is lack of stereo pairing over Bluetooth a deal breaker?"

I would venture to suggest that the answer is "hardly any".

If so, Sonos' decision not to have this feature is neither embarrassing nor inexplicable. 

Yes this a major development oversight. All the technology/hardware for this capability is already present in these devices as designed. If they have wifi capabiliy/adapter, then the development team could have figured this out. The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 can do this very easily; it’s definitely not over complicating anything from a customer perspective. Embarrassing oversight!

Pretty sure that stereo pairing over bluetooth wouldn’t be utilizing WiFi.

Clearly Sonos don't consider it embarrassing or important,  as the same comments were made about the Move and they have done the same with the Roam. 

Userlevel 3

Yes this a major development oversight. All the technology/hardware for this capability is already present in these devices as designed. If they have wifi capabiliy/adapter, then the development team could have figured this out. The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 can do this very easily; it’s definitely not over complicating anything from a customer perspective. Embarrassing oversight!

What a life, before I had JBL and when they released third version of their connect system for pairing Bluetooth speakers and non of them works together, I was so mad, that I switched to the Sonos system. Now I find out, that u cant pair Move and Roam together? Not even two Moves or two Roams? 
Is there any company, which offers basic features (like pairing two speakers) and also still supports 2 years old speaker, so it doesn’t consider it as old like JBL does? 

So you said in the other thread.

Userlevel 3

I was quite upset when realized its missing on Move. And its even bigger fail for Roam, as its concept is even more portable and lack of BT stereo kills whole concept for me....

Are there any plans to add Bluetooth stereo pairing capability to the Roam or Move?  If not, why?

Sonos does normally comment on future plans, and didn’t say anything about this missing feature on the Move.  I’d be really surprised if they said anything now.

As to why, There are typical reasons.  It’s often a technical problem,  which I am not sure would apply in this case.  Yes, other bluetooth speakers do it, but not sure how WiFi capabilities impact that.   I can’t see it being a feature that isn’t high enough on the customer priority list.  Perhaps Sonos thought it over complicated using the speakers?  Don’t think that’s the case.