Skip to main content

Sending 4 individual mono channels to 4 Sonos Move 2

• 25 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Before buying the Sonos Move 2, I would like to know if can send from an audio software on Mac a quadraphony or 4 independent mono channels to 4 Sonos Move 2?

Is it possible or how would it be possible to do this via Wifi or even with the adapter Line In to each of the 4 Sonos Move 2? How?

Many thanks,

Best,

Christophe

3 replies

If you have four independent analog outputs and appropriate software on the Mac, you could wire the four FIVE’s analog inputs to the Mac. On the SONOS side, each FIVE would be an independent Room and there would be no SONOS master Volume control, only individual Room Volume controls. Master Volume would need to be a feature of the Mac App.

Overall I don’t think that this is very practical for daily use, but it might be an interesting one off afternoon or weekend project.

Thanks, it is for a specific project where I want to send quadraphony outside.

Would it be ok with the Sonos Move 2 instead of the Five? I would like something more portable.

Also, can I use the Control App or the API to send via wifi 4 independant channels from an audio software to 4 Sonos Move 2?

SONOS is not designed for this sort of application. Even with my scheme of multiple Line-In’s you could have some time sync issues.