Answered

Flexible use of Move when watching TV

• 6 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a surround setup on my TV (Arc, 2 x Ones and Base). I recently bought a Sonos Move.

When playing music on YouTube via my TV i would like to ability to add my Sonos Move as its positioned another part of my open plan kitchen and living area.

I know i can select each Sonos device and group when playing via my mobile but how can I do that when playing through my TV? 

BTW: I am aware Move cannot be connected to surround setup.

icon

Best answer by ratty 6 November 2023, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You can still group the Move with the Arc for TV audio. Like I said before, the audio will be slightly delayed.

Also, unless you disable “ungroup on autoplay” in the Arc settings, the Move will be ungrouped whenever TV audio playback starts.

Thanks i have done this already and use it when playing music via my phone however i would like to the have the flexibility to group while playing youtube on my TV. There doesnt seem to be a way to do this!

As i said my TV is connected to a Sonos surround sound

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

Thanks. Struggling to find a way to do this! May be because my Arc is setup as part of my surround sound system (2x Ones and 1 x Sub).

any thoughts?

You’d simply group the Move with the Arc. Note however that TV audio will be slightly delayed via the Move, so you may experience an echo.