Skip to main content

Hi all - I just purchased a Move and pleased with the sound, but what I’m not too pleased about is the fact that it appears that I cannot control the volume of the Move when I play anything using the Sonos app. If I connect the phone to the Move with bluetooth I can indeed control the volume.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have the issue that they can’t control the volume when using the IOS Sonos app?

Appreciate any inputs as it’s very frustrating.

Can anyone tell me where the in app volume control is? I can’t find anything or even find what’s playing in this new terrible app.

Can anyone tell me where the in app volume control is? I can’t find anything or even find what’s playing in this new terrible app.

See attached from my iPhone controller… hope that assists.

Thank you. My app did not have this screen. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get this screen. The previous install was playing but not showing me what was playing and no controls. 🤷🏽

Thank you. My app did not have this screen. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get this screen. The previous install was playing but not showing me what was playing and no controls. 🤷🏽

So have you manage to sort it now?

Yes, thank you!

Does Sonos have any plans to resolve this issue for us? I’m heavily invested into Sonos and Apple. Sonos needs to address the underlying architecture issue. I don’t want to unlock my phone, open the Sonos app, then select the device I want to control. Controlling the volume through the lock screen or Apple TV remote app enhances the user experience. Forcing us to use the Sonos app when numerous other devices comply with the Apple policy and “just work” will disenfranchise what was a very committed customer base. 

Does Sonos have any plans to resolve this issue for us? I’m heavily invested into Sonos and Apple. Sonos needs to address the underlying architecture issue. I don’t want to unlock my phone, open the Sonos app, then select the device I want to control. Controlling the volume through the lock screen or Apple TV remote app enhances the user experience. Forcing us to use the Sonos app when numerous other devices comply with the Apple policy and “just work” will disenfranchise what was a very committed customer base. 

Ask Apple.  It is they who forced Sonos to remove it due to their rule against changing the functionality of hardware buttons and/or lock screen controls.