Answered

Stereo Pair - Play 5 With A Five

• 1 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I just got a Sonos 5 delivered yesterday and already have a Sonos Play 5 (2nd generation). i tried to Stereo Pair them on the Sonos app and it does not seem to work. I was really looking forward to the stereo pair and assumed they were compatible. 

Can I Stereo Pair a Play 5 with a Sonos Five?

I think i already know the answer and they are considered two different products.

Thank you,

Juan

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 July 2020, 21:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

No, as you’ve found out, you can not. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

There is a third party controller for the i  world that may let you stereo pair them. It allowed a play 1 and ONE to be stereo paired. Whether their sound signatures would make that a good idea is another matter.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you for the reply Airgetiam

Sonos’d AGAIN!!!

Once more I have purchased a Sonos product and its functionality is not what I assumed. 

Move - Does NOT communicate on the SonosNet

Five - Will NOT “Stereo Pair” with my Play 5

I really need to start reading the fine print around here.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you Ralpfocus for the reply

I appreciate it, but I am not going to go down a third party controller app rabbit hole.

Thank you,

JL

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
  1. Move will communicate on Sonos net. If you are having a problem I suggest posting on a new thread.
  1. See my response above which passed yours in the ether

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I posted here

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/sonos-move-sonosnet-6844392

Same answer so far

No, Move will not communicate/connect on a SonosNet signal. It does not have the required hardware to do so. It will connect to your Wi-Fi signal only. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you Airgetiam

I was praying for a Sonos miracle.