Skip to main content
Question

spotty reception on move

• 20 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I get great wifi reception on my Sonos Move when sending Amazon Music to it but get terrible reception when addihg the move to my Sony Play5 speakers connected to laptop music. How can I fix it?

2 replies

Hard to tell from your description, it could be any of many, many things.

The first test I’d do is move the Move much closer to the PLAY;5 speaker, say about three feet away, and see if you’re still having issues. If that doesn’t work, I’d unplug the PLAY:5 from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to finish rebooting before plugging in your PLAY:5, and another couple of minutes to boot up before testing.

If neither of those resolve the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks a lot! I’ll give that a try!