Answered

Spotify Premium won't play on my Roams

• 3 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m using Google Assistant, and keep getting message, “Spotify Premium isn’t currently available. Try again later.”  I’ve tried uninstalling Spotify from the Sonos app; reinstalling; reauthorizing.  Even resetting the Roam and starting over from scratch.

Spotify works fine from the Sonos app on my iPhone, and I can cast it to the Roams.  It just won’t work with Google Assistant for some reason.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 March 2023, 10:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lscott28782 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please test if you are able to play Spotify from within the Sonos app - if you are not able to, then Google Assistant will not be able to either. However, if you are able to play from the app, that implies that the issue is with Google Assistant in some way.

If you are unable to play Spotify from within the Sonos app, please remove the Spotify account from your system and add it once more:

• Settings » Services & Voice » Spotify » Remove Account
  • Settings » Services & Voice » (under Music & Content) Add a Service » Spotify

If, however, you are able to play Spotify from within the Sonos app, I recommend removing the Spotify service from your Google Home app settings and adding it once more.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7551876

If this does not fix the problem , I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help!  It ended up being the Google Home app.  All working as it should now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lscott28782 

Great! Thanks for updating the thread!