Sonos Roam, unstable Bluetooth

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes, an other gripe as the Sonos Roam issues seem to be endless; This not only is related to Wifi, Even Bluetooth has instability issues, the music stops playing briefly every 5 to 20 minutes or so, sometimes sooner or sometimes later, but whatever it is, this is driving me nuts, enough to say that,  indeed, it’s a very unrreliable product. 
Please, I mean… Please, I’m supplicating you to stop telling me that it’s either a network problem or an issue with my phone: First of all, I bought this pricey speaker without expecting that I should have to  become a technician to use it properly and find out why it stops playing randomly or fails to play whenever I want to listen to music, I’m not a technissian to solve network problems, and you should consider it in these 10 months of exasperation that I’ve had with this speaker and no, a simple network reboot doesn’t make any difference, no idea why it keeps being recommended here in this forum as nothing seems to work.
Second: as my title says,  Bluetoot is unstable, the music keeps pausing every 5 to 20 minutes or so. Before you tell me that it’s a network problem or an issue with my phone, yes: I’ve tried it outside my network and the music stops entirely, resulting on big periods of silence, and having to reconnect it to get it going again, beyond obnoxious, I’ve got 2 replacement units, and it still happens. Now, before telling me that it’s an issue with my phone, I had an UE Wonderboom2 Bluetooth speaker and that one never, absolutely, never made a single audio interruption, turning my shower times into a party and my relaxing times into something pritty nice, you must say that the Wonderboom2 is a simple Bluetooth player and the Roam a network speaker that also offers Bluetooth; there is not an excuse, the Roam for its price should work pretty stable and entirely errors free,   so,  don’t you even come out that I have a Bluetooth issue with my phone, the problem is the Sonos Roam that has an unstable software and can’t handled properly a Bluetooth signal. 
Sonos, when you will fix this annoying Bluetooth issue and make it stable and entirely errors free? Sonos support is very unhelpful, you don’t know how much I struggled to get my second replacement, and they don’t even take responsibility over faulty products, blaming us as users and our networks, in stead of accepting that there is a fault with the Bluetooth connection and fix it, (same for Wifi)

If there isn’t a fix soon or if Tech Support keeps being unhelpful as always, I’m going a return my Roam to never buy it again, and buy another Wonderboom2 speaker. 
I’ve had enough with this paperweight                   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Number of times we have attempted to help @Manu84 - Dozens.

Number of times @Manu84 has actually tried the advice we’ve given them - Zero.

Number of times @Manu84 has threatened to return their Roam - Dozens.

Number of times @Manu84 has actually returned their Roam - Zero.

Number of times in the future we should reply to @Manu84’s posts (or even take them seriously) - Zero.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Number of times we have attempted to help @Manu84 - Dozens.

Number of times @Manu84 has threatened to return their Roam - Dozens.

Number of times @Manu84 has actually returned their Roam - Zero.

Number of times in the future we should reply to @Manu84’s posts (or even take them seriously) - Zero. 
You better stop disrespecting me in front of everyone in this comunity, what an inappropriate way to provide any help at all, seriously      

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Number of times we have attempted to help @Manu84 - Dozens.

Number of times @Manu84 has threatened to return their Roam - Dozens.

Number of times @Manu84 has actually returned their Roam - Zero.

You better stop disrespecting me in front of everyone in this comunity, what an inappropriate way to provide any help at all, seriously      

It’s not “disrespecting” you, @Manu84. It’s telling other readers of your posts that you’ve raised the same complaints in threads of your own and in contributions to others’ threads. You’ve admitted you’ve had two replacement speakers and that all three had similar failings - however unlikely that is. You’ve said you’d work with Sonos support and would change your network settings if it was deemed appropriate and then said you will not/cannot change the settings. You’ve refused to implement any of the changes recommended to you. 

As @jgatie stated above, it’s impossible to take your comments seriously, unless possibly you’re seeing them for the first time. So I suspect you will continue to have your claims challenged. 

Why not sell your speaker, as you have threatened/promised to do so many times? Please! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

nik9669a 

wrote 

Why not sell your speaker, as you have threatened/promised to do so many times? Please! 
Indeed, You don’t know how much I struggled to get my second replacement, (this was in mid December 2022) I had to wait 1 month to receive it, I finally got it on late January of this year. 
Now, for the warranty process I need to contact Viastara, a Sonos provider here in Mexico, as Sonos doesn’t take the responsibility. In Viastara, They never answer the calls and rarely the e-mails, so it’s impossible for me to send it back, unless I talk to the consumer’s defense, I think        

Notice, readers.  The poster asks why the offended party doesn't sell their Roam, as they have threatened/promised to do many times.  Does @Manu84 answer the question?  Why no, they instead complain about the difficulty in getting a replacement, and the warranty company, which last I checked have less than nothing to do with selling something second hand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Indeed, You don’t know how much I struggled to get my second replacement, (this was in mid December 2022) I had to wait 1 month to receive it, I finally got it on late January of this year. 

Now, for the warranty process I need to contact Viastara, a Sonos provider here in Mexico, as Sonos doesn’t take the responsibility. In Viastara, They never answer the calls and rarely the e-mails, so it’s impossible for me to send it back, unless I talk to the consumer’s defense, I think        

Your very first post, saying your speaker didn’t work, was more than10 months ago. Your second replacement speaker, which you received 6 months ago, also didn’t work, according to you. Why wait so long to try and return it? And why not sell it, as you repeatedly threaten/promise?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Your very first post, saying your speaker didn’t work, was more than10 months ago. Your second replacement speaker, which you received 6 months ago, also didn’t work, according to you. Why wait so long to try and return it? And why not sell it, as you repeatedly threaten/promise? 
Because I really  can’t 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I lost the original charger 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Don't feed the troll. Ignore him. 
Troll? Thanks for disrespecting me in front of everyone; I think this is getting out of hand. Excuse me but what an inappropriate way to provide any help, seriously. 
Now, you get away and delete your post…, I mean,  This really went too far! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Leave me alone for a while, I’m going a work with Tech Support to determine if should I return  my Roam or if it’s out of warranty, or, perhaps, I have a network issue to resolve. My expectations of make it work reliably aren’t high enough to keep it though.
See you      

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Manu84,

As the Roam is a portable wireless multi-room speaker, it may pick up on interference or configuration issues present on Wi-Fi networks that a simple Bluetooth speaker would not. Wireless interference and network issues are the most common cause of problems for Sonos speakers, which is why the community is suggesting this may be the case. 

Community users and forum moderators don’t have access to the same tools as the tech support agents and, unless model numbers are provided for all the network devices you have, support on the community is limited to what information you do provide.

From your message above I can see that you are already in contact with support so I will be closing this thread for further replies as the issue is unlikely to be resolved here.